Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 43H70 - Tubes covered in bugs and dust    

Cavi Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 43H70 - Tubes covered in bugs and dust Reply with quote

The first two images are looking through the lens. That's a bug circled in red, one of many. The next two are images I found of what the tube looks like and the complete assembly. The last two are what the assemblies look like mounted in the TV, the first of which was actually shot looking through the mirror. I spent over an hour cleaning it, it looks like it just came off the show-room floor right now, so do the lenses.

How do I get to those bugs and dust? Can I get the lenses off without losing fluid or do I need to pull the whole assembly out? I've always been kinda weird around tubes because I don't want to get shocked.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the few sets that the lense can be removed without loosing fluid. There is a simple test however. The part of the lense assy that has the thumbnut on it has a set (4) of screws that are on the parimeter and come directly into contact with this assy. See the last picture. the screws are on the "ears" of the lense assy.
Before removing them you can confirm the correctness of this by using a little compressed air into the crack just below the thumb screw. the crack is the separation distance between the lense assy and the convex lens plate that has the rubber expansion chamber under it.
The contamination will move if all is well. If the contramination moves you will not loose fluid by removing the screws that are on the "ears" of the lense assy.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Cavi Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this on 4 other forums without a single response. I post it on here and within hours I get one. I don't know why all those other forums come up on top in search results, clearly this is the place to go.

Thanks.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavi Mike wrote:
I have this on 4 other forums without a single response. I post it on here and within hours I get one. I don't know why all those other forums come up on top in search results, clearly this is the place to go.

I agree. We have great people that volunteer here. Thanks guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com