Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 48" rear projection T.V. wont turn on. TP4881A    

Koji2528

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Toshiba 48" rear projection T.V. wont turn on. TP4881A Reply with quote

We were given this rear projection tv about 3 months ago and it gave us about a month of fuzzy picture. After that month the tv would only turn on after unplugging and plugging the set back in. When you pressed the power button, the lights on the front would light up and you could hear a relay clicking. But after about half a second it would turn itself right back off and pushing the power button after that did nothing. It got to where you could unplug it, plug it back in, and press the power button repeatedly and the set would turn on. But now that does nothing but turn on then back off like before. The set was manufactured back in '92 so I'm not really fixing it to have a nice television set. But rather to just tinker with it and get it working again. I would like to fix the fuzzy picture, but after I get the set to turn on again of course. I downloaded the schematics for the set and after reviewing them realized that I am in over my head. But I went to school for electronics repair so I'm determined that this is within my scope of mechanical abilities. There are a few capacitors on the main power board that are bulged, mainly all of the 50 volt, 2200 micro farads have this issue. I'm wondering if i need to take them out and take them to school and test them. Does anyone have any advice as to where I need to start?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finishing furnishing the Model / Chassis number would help. Wink

If lytics are bulged, just replace (like with like), no testing necessary.
Koji2528

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, my bad. model number TP4881A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com