Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 50HM67 Brightness Level Suddenly Changing   Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best prices on lamps have come from here: http://www.discount-merchant.com/Factory-Original-Lamps-Bulb-For-your-RCA-Scenium-p/rca-lamp-265866-26591-269343.htm you are able to buy oem lamps here without the housing and we have not had any problem from them. I would advise however that you make sure they or anyone you purchase from has stock as Back Orders are common and most distributors only order once a month. Obviously that would be very frustrating.

That being said, I would suspect you are close to the end of the lamp life and since the replacement lamp did not repair I would be enclined to look at the other causes.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Dr_Zoidberg56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse;

Thanks for sticking with me on this. I checked Discount-Merchant.com and couldn't find the correct lamp listed. However, being the novice at this, I may not have done the search properly. After their problem solving matrix failed to list anything like my problem, I sent them an inquiry, describing what the original lamp is doing and what I've done to date, to get their take and also see if they do have the correct lamp.

I am also waiting to hear back from Advanced Lamps about the lamp I purchased from them. Given the New Year's Holiday, I would not be surprised if I don't hear anything until next Monday. Besides, the local repair shops will be closed, so I will have to be patient. While it won't be the same as the Toshiba 50 inch set, if the lamp goes completely, I do have a 25 inch LCD to fall back on to make it into the new year.

Again, I very much appreciate your time, patience and help. If I don't hear back from you before then, have a Happy and Health New Year!

Gerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com