Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally irrelevant.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

dicepackage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced both the logic board and the z-board but there is no change. Any more ideas for what could be wrong?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this fun!!

With this statement:
Quote:
I double checked and the Y-sustain board is the exact same part number as my previous board. I also got matching part numbers for the buffer boards as well.

I need to know where you acquired these boards and were you using the generic numbers or the manufacturers part numbers I listed. And does the Va voltage now adjust properly?

Jesse
dicepackage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boards all match the part numbers exactly with no variations or substitute parts.

I should make note that I made it a point to reset all connections on the TV while I was replacing the boards. I was hoping that since these boards didn't fix the problem I might have just had a loose cable but no luck there.

The Va is kind of strange. Sometimes it adjusts other times it doesn't but it seems to be fairly stable at 60 volts right now and the Vs is set to the exact value.

All the boards were purchased on eBay and I made sure that they were all listed as working and not as-is or untested. I think the boards should most likely be good since I have most likely been replacing one good board with another.

What I am starting to suspect is that perhaps the y-sustain board became damaged or I replaced a broken y-sustain with a slightly less broken y-sustain board. The output voltages going to the Z-board are all correct so I am kind of at a loss on figuring this one help.

I am wondering if it is a possibility that the PDP is actually bad.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dicepackage wrote:
since I have most likely been replacing one good board with another.

Going with the premise: What are the odds that two (or more) "pulled from service"/"Oh yeah, we tested it ... trust us" boards could have the SAME defect. Very Happy
That's like somebody saying: "I did NOT have sex with that woman," "Read my lips, No new taxes," etc. Wink
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

dicepackage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the assessment that another board I replaced could be bad is fair. I tried switching out the y-sustain boards. With the original y-board installed I get working audio and no picture whatsoever but the tv will stay on indefinitely without having to lower the voltage. Since it shuts off with the other y-sustain board is it fair to say that the y-sustain board is bad?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Bay is an auction house. (Good place to get taken advantage of.) Try using http://www.shopjimmy.com if you want to use pulls. At least they say they are pulls and have a guarantee. I have used them a few times on hard to find boards and have never recieved a bad board to date.

They also tell you the model and serial number of the set that the board was removed from, the generic number etc etc.

Jesse
dicepackage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I was trying to save some money. I have ordered on shopjimmy quite a few times but the y-sus on shopjimmy was very overpriced so I elected to go with eBay.
dicepackage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this online in reference to a similar TV using the same Y-sus.
Quote:
To test which board is bad you need a multimeter... then test for the following:

1. disconnect the power board from the y-sustain board.. Check input into power board (is voltage coming in from the wall?) Next, test for voltage going out of the power supply.

2. Next test voltage going to the Y-SUSTAIN BOARD by having everything connected except the link between YSUS and XSUS. Check for voltage going into YSUS (if power supply is putting out, then ysus shoudl be receiving).. Next, test for high voltage comming out of the YSUS... keep in mind, xsus is disconnected.

If you get power comming out of the YSUS, this means your YSUS is GOOD and your XSUS is BAD....

If you get no power comming out of the YSUS this means that the YSUS is BAD.. in this case you need to replace your YSUS, however, you XSUS can also fail when your YSUS blows out.

In order to test your XSUS, you can use a multimeter to test breaking in the transistor module that has the big Black or Silver heatsink on it. You can test it by using a multimeter and applying it to the bottom pins of the board.

I have correct voltages coming out of the Y-sus board on both y-sus boards of mine. I'm not sure if it is really so simple as if the right voltages are coming out the y-sus is good but I would like a second opinion.

To try to test the Z-board I disconnected the ribbon cables going to the PDP and flipped it over. I found two labels on the Z-board with Voltages +5 and +18. The +5 measured a voltage of 8 volts and the +18 was running 136 volts. I am not sure if that is what they meant by testing the transistor module but I think that is what I did.
Darkbalmunk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Anyone find a solution for this problem i have same model and problem i changed a couple boards and nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com