Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 51h83 - Dreaded blinking red power light    

Xcrewchief

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 51h83 - Dreaded blinking red power light Reply with quote

Help please. Just got a Toshiba 51h83 from a buddy of mine for nothing. (Yes, I knew it didn't work Smile ) When you plug it in, you can hear an audible click from the area of the power supply, and also can hear a 'bump' on the speakers and what SOUNDS like a regular t.v. screen starting to power up (the 'static' sound, as I call it). When you then push the power butten on the front or the remote, you get the blinking red light of doom.
The previous owner attempted to replace 2 small parts inside the unit, stating that he thought he had a convergence problem. He attempted to solder them in (or so he says), but they had absolutely no solder on them. Now I've soldered them so that isn't the problem.
Any help you fine folks could give me would be appreciated, and I can try to give you more info if you need it.
Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xcrewchief wrote:
He attempted to solder them in (or so he says), but they had absolutely no solder on them. Now I've soldered them so that isn't the problem.

Without "assuming"... What's in it? The Replacements or the Originals? Wink
Xcrewchief

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacements. He gave me the original parts that he removed.
Xcrewchief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are called I/C modules
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say when you come across one of these where they used a golden screwdriver.

all the normal failures are kind of out the window. I do know if those chips were used without being attached to a heatsink, they are probably dead again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Xcrewchief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, evidently he knew enough to put the sinks back on and use thermal putty. I have pulled out the PD1147 board that they were attached to, and have since located a crack in the board where it appears that he tried to lift the board out and left a screw in.
I also checked connections on the power supply board and then pulled it to see if there was anything burnt.
Again, it sounds like there is power getting to that board, but am really unsure about how to check if there is power getting to the other areas of the set, other than just pulling out my multimeter and probing (hopefully out of high-voltage areas).
Thanks again for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com