Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 57HX81 Red Flashing LED problem    

domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 57HX81 Red Flashing LED problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a :

Toshiba 57HX81
Chassis : TAC 0159

I got this unit used from a friend ( who wanted it out of his house). He said it would not turn on. I plugged it in and can here a click coming from the rear of it. I press the POWER button and the LED stays on solid and I can hear the speakers come on ( no sound, but energized). The light stays solid for about 4 seconds and then the light starts blinking. During this whole time there is NO picture, by the way. I have read around a little bit that ICs can cause this problem but I was hoping to gather a lot more information here before I attempt any troubleshooting/repairing. Oh yes, one more thing. It seems as if the IR board has been taken off so the remote control will no longer work ( I don't know if that would stop it from turning on, though) It looks as if maybe it was broken off..etc.. right at the header pins ( they are NOT crossing though) As I said, any information would be greatly appreciated. I have another post on here about my other TV as well. (My last working TV just died today and the family is getting VERY restless and in this recession and having some technical aptitude) I was hoping to tackle the problem with your guys' help

Thanks in Advance
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com