Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba CX35D60 Vert Size Adjust-Need Service Menu Codes    

BenJF3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Toshiba CX35D60 Vert Size Adjust-Need Service Menu Codes Reply with quote

I'm just about completed on a repair to a Toshiba CX35D60 set which had no vertical deflection. Replaced Vert IC, 22V Zener (D301), and the normal set of vertical filter caps which I generally replace as a rule of thumb when I make a vertical repair. Well, I got the set fired back up and running. However, the issue now is that I need to adjust the vertical size because the image is short by about a half inch on the top and bottom. The vertical linearity appears fine and the picture looks good otherwise. The problem is this set has internal adjustments for vertical size via a service menu and I don't have access to the service manual. I know how to get into the service menu with the mute, mute, menu sequence, but then that brings up the binary codes for adjustment which doesn't help at all. I don't want to change the wrong setting.

So, can anyone provide instruction on which binary code is the one for vertical and how to adjust it. I am able to scroll through with the front panel keys, but not adjust. I can write down the settings and trial/error if if need be. Any direction and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: I miss the good old days when all you had to do was turn a POT!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps:

Shrinking in vertical.
Replace R305 (.75/1W) - out of tolorance - geometry alignment required.

Menu Access:
Press Mute on remote, press again and hold while pressing Menu button on front of set. Four lines displayed on screen
Press Menu button on set until the 2nd line changes to 120H. Addresses 120H-124H contain vertical adjustments. Select with the VOL +/- on remote.
Adjustments are made using the FAV buttons, right is up/left down.
Changes are saved when set is shut off.

PS: Complain to the manufacturer, I'm sure they'll bring them (pots) back Laughing
BenJF3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I got my hands on a service manual for CX series Toshiba's from another shop. I have the complete binary translations now. I believe the size is off due to the tolerances in the new parts. The size is equidistant and only slightly off. I will check said resistor and replace if needed. However, before the failure the customer noted no shrinkage. Thanks for the assistance and I will post the results once I get back out on the set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com