Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio    

mrstevemcqueen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio Reply with quote

Power light comes on, no picture or audio coming on. This is a Toshiba 35" CX35E70 heavy monster, was working great.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does power light "blink?"
Do you hear a relay click?

Can you test parts, desolder/solder? Short description of your capabilities.
mrstevemcqueen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio Reply with quote

Yes there is a click, but not the usual powering up sound I would expect, at least not as much there is more than just a click though. Nothing more ever happens though. TV was given us by friends it was working great, I brought it a short distance to my house, didn't drop it or jar it heavily, but perhaps something in the move did cause the problem.Yes I can solder and unsolder. No the light does not blink.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstevemcqueen wrote:
TV was given us by friends it was working great, I brought it a short distance to my house, didn't drop it or jar it heavily, but perhaps something in the move did cause the problem.
Am I understanding correctly, TV has a different symptom now, compared to before it was moved?

If I were to ask you to take voltage and resistance readings, test resistors, diodes, transistors, etc., would you be comfortable doing and/or know how to do so? Question
mrstevemcqueen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio Reply with quote

I am able to operate a volt ohm meter. I am not an electronics whiz, or familiar with what certain components look like. I am a mechanic, just not a radio TV guy. I was an automotive tech for many years, of course the electronics here are much different in many ways, although I have repaired circuit boards before in automobiles. I can certainly take the back off the TV and investigate, I would be able to spot burned areas on circuit boards or breaks that may be visible. You asked had the symptom changed, The symptom is the same, I was just trying to explain further what I am seeing, for anyone who might recognize the symptom, with the possibility it is a common occurance. I was given the TV, when I got it home it doesn't come on now. It was working fine before. I did also notice the power light goes off after awhile. Thanks for your help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused, by the wording in your posts maybe.

Was it working at their home when they gave it to you? (BEFORE it was moved.)
Was it working at your house when you tryed it there? (AFTER it had been moved.)
mrstevemcqueen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio Reply with quote

It was working at their house, but when I got it here it never worked. The power light comes on now, there is a slight noise like the TV is coming to life when it is turned on, but nothing more happens. I also notice the power light goes off by itself after it has been on for awhile. The TV has not worked for me since I got it here, but it was working before I moved it here.. Thats all I know.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked - Moved - Doesn't Work.
MUST be related. Some thing "broke loose," cracked, etc.

If you feel comfortable taking directions and can measure voltages and/or resistances between points I'll specify, I do have the service & training manuals for that chassis. (Does your volt ohm meter have a digital display & a "diode test" feature?)
mrstevemcqueen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Toshiba CX35E70 - no picture or audio Reply with quote

Volt Ohm has digital read out, will check if it has a diode checker. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com