Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TN61X81 No Picture    

SailorJerry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Toshiba TN61X81 No Picture Reply with quote

The picture of my tv just happens to go out sometimes while watching when the picture goes out the CRTs are still glowing and if I press on one of the cooling elements the picture comes back on. Usually for quite a while before turning off again does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooling elements? If you're talking about a heat sink, it sounds like you have a cold solder joint problem.

You'll need to find the broken joint/trace and jumper across it.
SailorJerry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its a heat sink and if I jimmy with it the picture comes back on. Cold solder meaning a solder connection maybe cracked or loose?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got it.
SailorJerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kuhurdler for your input! Does anyone know if there is a notorious spot that these tvs have that goes bad? I am certainly not a tv repair man so if anyone would have any ideas on what to look for it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually troubleshoot bad solder joints by poking at the board with a wooden chopstick. If you can find an area that makes it turn off/on, you can probe a little more closely.

Disclaimer, be careful not to touch anything since you're messing with it while it is running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com