Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TP50F50 Convergence    

peterb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Toshiba TP50F50 Convergence Reply with quote

The convergence IC's were bad. I replaced the STK's.
The blue horiz is off. I don't have the original remote.
I am not sure of the code to get to the service menu.
My question is: What is the code to get to the service manual and do I need the original remote?

TIA,
Peter
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

peterb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up:
I did get into the first step of the service manaul.
I got the "S" in the upper right corner. When I push Menu I get "RCUT" on the screen. I need info from the service manual for this set. I am not too familiar with this model.
Any help would be appreciated.

Peter
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the only problem you had was a defective STK and there are no burn't resistors you should be able to adjust the convergence completely from within the customer menu. (If the blue STK was indeed bad and you could not adjust the blue convergence, you most likely still have a bad resistor that is a very low value very close to the STK's you replaced. This bad resistor will still prevent you from adjusting the blue convergence but will not damage the new IC's)

If you intend to run a complete convergence from within the service menu you most likely will have to have the original remote.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com