Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TP55H60    

jhardin80

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Toshiba TP55H60 Reply with quote

I got this tv from a friend and it would act like it wanted to turn on, it would click on but then click off instantly. I replaced the two convergence IC's and now I have picture again but there is still barely any sound. If I max out the sound you can get down by the speakers and hear it but it won't go any louder.

Also, is there a more advanced menu to adjust the display? The picture looks great but on some scenes where there is, say a wall that is straight in the movie, the top and bottom of the tv screen make the wall look like it is curving in. I was able to get into the "S" mode but i don't understand any of the things in that mode.

Thanks in advance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to not adjust what you do not understand. You could set something seriously wrong and set won't work at all.
Speakers ARE turned ON?
jhardin80

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Better to not adjust what you do not understand. You could set something seriously wrong and set won't work at all.
Speakers ARE turned ON?

I have been reading up on the net and decided to see if that service mode would give me any options to adjust the way the screen is, right now the edges are curved in but there are no options for this on the basic setup.

Yes speakers are on, if you turn the sound to max, you can hear some sound but very faint.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably "pincushion" adjustments.
1) Presuming you can figure out which adjustment does what, write down starting value before you change. If adjusting has NO effect put back to original setting.
2) How come you didn't mention this portion of the symptom on the other forum?
mariusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check all the pico fuses around the convergence Ic's,I have replaced a few of these recently and it has fixed the bow in the screen.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com