Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TV CF3572B Start-Up Issue   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting back. Enjoy your "new" TV
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

shbradbury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a CF30C50 with same proublem will it be the same c871
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try: "Won't turn on/try several times to get set to come on" : C863 (4.7ufd @50V) and C416 (10ufd @10V). C866 (22ufd) also mentioned.
Could find no reference to C871 for this model Toshiba.
shbradbury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ill try them. will let you know
HammerDown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread Starter here...UPDATE
Thanks to those here > my Toshiba's still working GREAT, starts right up but I must confess, every time it hit the 'on' button I keep my fingers crossed...lol

I want a new 47"-50" Plaz or LCD real bad, once again looked at Toshiba but rumor has it their now not very good sets. (bummer)
If the above (ever) happens I'll move my Tobshiba 35" into the computer room.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

thattoddguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Anyone still watching this post? Reply with quote

I have the exact same Toshiba Television with the exact problem, and I was really getting tired of using the hairdryer to jump start it every evening, so I attempted to fix it. Although unfortunately, I did not get the same results as HammerDown did.

Here's the lowdown:
I took the board out of the television and checked all the solder joints...everything looked OK, so I put it back together, and ordered the replacement capacitor that was mentioned in the forum discussion. I figured I could continue to use the old hair dryer method until the part came in. The only problem was that when I tried to restart the television after removing and inspecting the board, nothing happened. The TV was even more dead than before. And the heat from a hair dryer didn't do a thing other than making me feel foolish that I was blow drying my television. The strange thing was that before I had attempted to "fix" it, as soon as I would plug in the AC cord for the TV, I would immediately hear some type of humming & activity going on from the inside of the TV. But now after my removing & reinstalling of the board, it made no sound at all when I plugged it in. I seemed completely dead now. I was assuming that when I touched the capacitor in question, it must have made a failing part become a broken part, so I was hoping everything was going to be just fine when the new capacitor was put in.
But...when the part came in and I replaced the capacitor, my TV is still very dead. I checked all of the wires on the molex connectors that I had reattach and also checked any of the fuses I could see. Do you know if there is some type of rest button or anything like that? Or what might be causing it to be completely dead now?

Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Todd
HammerDown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd, don't give on that Toshiba > mine is still working excellent!
Just too bad you didn't hunt down the problem before it died totally...but I'm sure someone here can still offer help Wink

Just today I brought home a new Zenith/LG 50' plasma...funny thing, I'm just not excited to hook it up >maybe tomorrow.

Regards, Ray
thattoddguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear yours is still working so well...
I really thought I was going to be able to fix it myself especially after reading through your post...
It seemed so clear cut & easy (you even supplied pictures)..
but I am a little discouraged now that the TV doesn't even hum when I plug it in.
I thought for sure it was the same bad capacitor you had, because it was actually bend down on the board before I replaced it.
You got a lot of great responses and their seems to be some very intelligent & helpful people of this forum...
So I am crossing my fingers and hoping someone will be able to help me.
HammerDown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd, don't give up...keep asking and plugging away here and, you could remove that left board and probably have a 'good' local shop test it.

My ole trust Toshiba runs 8 hours a day > stunning picture!
The new 50" Plasma is sitting in the box > I really don't want to deal with it > or should I say, the expensive HD requirements needed to make a decent picture.
TV use to be simple >now to see a decent picture it's expensive (thumbs down)
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a good antenna... HDTV can still be simple too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com