Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
TOSHIBA TW65X81 not working on hd mode    

slvtec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: TOSHIBA TW65X81 not working on hd mode Reply with quote

TOSHIBA TW65X81 NOT WORKING ON HD MODE &TURN OFF AUTOMATIC WITH RUMBLE SOUND,BUT 480i is fine,anyone can help?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enought information!!

Hear are some general guidelines.

HD1 and HD2 are component inputs, inputting composite will not work

Composite (Standard definition) = Yellow, red and white cable
Component (HD) = Red, Blue, Green, + Red(audio) White (audio)

This set will produce 480P Progressive scan on both HD inputs
This set will produce 480I and 1080I scan on both HD inputs
See page 8 of owners manual for setup

DVD Maximum resolution = 480P using Component output except Blue Ray Or HD specific DVD players

No HD is available on antenna input

Hope this helps

Jesse
slvtec

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use component for ps3 & hd box for long time no problem at all,just happen 2 weeks ago,hd1 & hd2 will turnoff automatic,composite works fine.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hd1 & hd2 will turnoff automatic

Please Define "Turnoff Automatic" please

Jesse
slvtec

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack wrote:

Please Define "Turnoff Automatic" please

Jesse

the picture suddently gone with rumble sound,power still on,switch to composite is ok
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I to understand that there is a normal picture in the HD mode and the picture goes out and that this is the current state of failure?

If so how long is there a normal picture in HD mode?
Is the picture normal before failure?
Is there any tiling or blocking before failure?

Jesse
slvtec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Jesse, do i have to pay for your reply?
Yes,ihave that HD mode picture for almost 1 year w/hd box & PS3,just failure 2 weeks ago,no tiling or blocking before failure.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found a microfish after finding out that this set is 9 years old. Toshiba has purged their database of all but the last 3 years and were not of much help. Microfish is difficult to use in the best of circumstances so if you want to pursue this I can only make suggestions as how to proceed. These are general suggestions only and the chances of success are low.

This was not an easy chassis to work on and you will find that it may not be advisable to try to repair. If you choose to have a competent technician do the work you will need to find a warranty authorized service station that has been in business for over 10 years and have been authorized for this length of time. This is because only they will have the service literature and bullitons to enable them to repair the set.

That being said: Look on the small signal pcb's for expanded capacitors. (the top of the capacitor will be pushed up.) That era used lead based solder and bad connections were extreemly common so using a loup or magnifying glass inspect all of the regulator transistors for bad connections. ( these are usually mounted on a heat sink) Also using a bright light inspect the circuit boards for signs of overheating and you will likely find some bad connections in these areas. If this fails and you want this set repaired it will most likely have to be done by someone with the proper documentation. I looked for the literature on the net and could not find any as the literature was all paper during that time period. Please be aware that this set is at the end of its normal lifespan so be careful how much money you spend.

Hope this helps

Jesse
slvtec

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com