Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Underscanning Panasonic CT-20D12DF possible?    

jpastuch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Underscanning Panasonic CT-20D12DF possible? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm not sure where this question belongs, if even on this forum. I searched for the topic, but couldn't find it so...

Basically, i own an older TV made in 2002- a Panasonic CT-20D12DF 4:3 SD TV. It's nothing amazing obviously, though I do have to say for the past 7 years the quality has not gotten worse or given trouble.

But one thing that bugs me is overscanning on DVDs (and everything else, but for me, I want to see the FULL frame as the director intended on each film). I've read of certain DVD players which perform this function, but couldn't find any. I've also read using the service menu, one may be able to underscan the image...

I researched how to access my TV's service mode (not from this site), and went into it, but didn't really do anything since...well, since I know I will destroy my TV like every other idiot who blindly messes with the codes.

Which is why I have come here- I'd like a little guidance on this...if someone can safely help me with this (like if I explain the letters and codes that pop up on the screen) to where I can get some underscanning on my 4:3 TV, I'd totally appreciate it. If you think I should not attempt it for any reason, I will not. If someone just knows an affordable DVD player which underscans, i'd like that instead. Basically whatever can solve my problem safely and cheaply.

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jpastuch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump? I am in the wrong place with this?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, this is the right place. I don't personally know enough about your specific models service menu to speak knowledgeably.

I've never heard of underscan. I would probably called it reducing the overscan.

I changed your thread title to include the make/model number, that should help get you a response. Besides doing that, please be patient, someone will come along soon that can help you.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you wanting to reduce the Width (H. Size - Don't see any) and the Height (C6 Vertical Size Adj. Range 0 - 255) to achieve a black border on all four sides? (C9 Horiz. Center Adj. Range 0 - 31)
jpastuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks, the codes worked perfectly. I wrote down the values before I changed anything, just in case.

Is there really no way to shrink the width though? Argh.

EDIT: Also, is it "safe" to change the values you gave me? What about the "brightness" (in serviceman mode) since my TV is a bit too dark...
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the one punching in the numbers. The manufacturer sets lower and upper "limits" for each parameter. Mr. Green
jpastuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I just said that because of heard of people permanetly damaging their TVs...and i wonder what you could do that would do that...

so, no ways to change the width then? I'd really like to see the WHOLE picture on my movies! Do you know if they still make any good underscanning DVDs?

Thanks for the help...
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is NO Mention of an adjustment for "Width" or "Horizontal Size" mentioned in the CT-20D12DF Simplified Service Manual (or the CT-20D11DE Main Service Manual that the simplified refers you to)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com