Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Video Problems - Newbie    

Lumpy45247

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Video Problems - Newbie Reply with quote

I have a Westinghouse SK32H240S tv that has video issues. It will run fine for hours sometimes and other times just a few minutes and then the video will become distorted. Crazy colors and "pixely" all over. Still has perfect audio when this happens. Turn it off for a few minutes and it will continue to work again sometimes. I am looking for a direction of what/how to check into. I am relatively competant and mechanically inclined, can anybody help me? I would love to be able to fix this myself as it interests me a lot! :)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Lumpy, (giggle, giggle)

Cool name you have.
In answer to your question, there are two possibilities, If you are using cable it could simply be a cable problem. Not being able to see the symptom directly I would advise the following. Removed the back and find the cable that goes from the main pcb to the small pcb that is mounted directly on the LCD screen (This PCB is ALWAYS completely incased in shielding) at the top or bottom edge. I am not familiar with this particular model but dirty/oxidized contacts on this cable will cause a multitude of symptomatic failures including yours. The connector on the LCD driver board is almost always a single row of wires and the wires can be bundled into a single (usually black) harness about 1/2 the size of a pencil. Now, the connector on the LCD Driver board many times have release tabs on each edge you have to depress to release. Look at the contacts for oxidation. If your connector is the pin type, just unplugging and replugging will solve the problem. Unplug and replug BOTH ends of this cable.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Lumpy45247

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jesse! For the name complement as well as the suggestion, I will try to get into it tonight. If not tonight then this weekend for sure. I will also try to capture a couple pictures before I dig in to post, just in case it doesn't fix it. Thanks again for being so welcoming to a new guy and I will be in touch soon!
Lumpy45247

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did as you suggested and a bit more. I opened the back and checked the connections, they looked fine to the naked eye. I un-plugged and re-plugged them. I also un-plugged and re-plugged every other connector in the set. I did each one 2-3 times and then carefully put it back together. I am very happy to say that it has NOT had the problem since!!! :D :D We have watched 3 full length movies on it with NO picture issues at all. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be posting again for sure. This place is great! Thanks again!
Lumpy45247

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Still Working perfectly!! Reply with quote

TV is still working perfectly. Thanks again for the help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com