Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio 50" plasma, two loud pops and then no picture    

GaryK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Vizio 50" plasma, two loud pops and then no picture Reply with quote

Not quite three years old. Does this sound like a fuse blowing or maybe a board? Something that if I took the back off and saw the damaged part I could order a replacement and do the swap myself? I'm a handy guy but no specific electronics experience, am I crazy to think I can replace a part and fix this? After all, when my hard drive fails I replace it, when my video card fails, I replace it. Is there a source for parts?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Gary
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a bad buffer and Y-Main pcb. The buffer pcb or pcb's are long skinny boards located on the left edge as viewed from the back.
Look at the ic's on these boards with a magnifying glass to see if there is a small hole blown in one of them.
If you find any holes, you will most likely have to change the Y-Main also.
Be carefull changing the buffer pcb. If you tear the flexible plastic connector foils to the buffer boards your set will be toast.

The part numbers are printed on the board and are usually Samsung numbers.
They are available from several sources.

hope this helps

Jesse
jaw1970

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with my Vizio VP50 plasma. Do you have any power? Does the little yellow light on the front come on? Mine has no lights.
jaw1970

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Vizio free tech line, they gave me a number of a service center for out of warranty repairs. Actually 2 numbers, one was for tv's 42" and under and another number for tv's 46" and bigger. I called both #'s and the 42" and UNDER guy I talked to was VERY helpful. He told me to replace the main board, and told me where to order it, so I did. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com