Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio e500i-a0 - dark horizontal band    

dkeener

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Vizio e500i-a0 - dark horizontal band Reply with quote

Hi Folks. Working on a Vizio e500i-a0. Display has a dim horizontal band which is about one third of the screen height. The proper stuff is in the band... its just dim. I checked LED1 and LED2 pins on the power supply board and found LED1 at 67v and LED2 and 113v. I removed the cable and tested LED1 and 2 open circuit and got 67v. What i found searching indicated that this pointed to LED problems. I bought a new set of LED's and replaced them but still have exactly the same problem.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTL71

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vizio e500i-a0 - dark horizontal band Reply with quote

You still have the tv? Did you ever figure it out? I have the same model and it sounds like same type issue!! Video Below>

https://youtu.be/3MkffdvTyos
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than HIS is horizontal bar and yours is vertical.
JTL71

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just hoping he still had it for maybe Parts if he never got it fixed or gave up on it....
dkeener

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vizio e500i-a0 - dark horizontal band Reply with quote

JTL71 wrote:
You still have the tv? Did you ever figure it out? I have the same model and it sounds like same type issue!! Video Below>

https://youtu.be/3MkffdvTyos

All fixed... A new power supply board fixed the problem.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTL71

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vizio e500i-a0 - dark horizontal band Reply with quote

dkeener wrote:
All fixed... A new power supply board fixed the problem.

Ok, I donít think that is my problem but heck I might give it a try!! Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com