Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E550i-A0 - discolored line in video    

JTL71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Vizio E550i-A0 - discolored line in video Reply with quote

Hello

Thanks for any help!!

Iím having problem on my LED E550i-A0, they are a faint discolored line running left middle about 5Ē wide and donít know where to check or what to check, some pictures you donít see it there until the background hit a certain picture, Iím thinking it might be like a burn into the screen, I got the tv free so I am trying to work out problem to use it, hope I have explained the problem good enough for someone to give me some input on what to try!!

Thanks For Any Help!!
John
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture might be helpful to me.
JTL71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
A picture might be helpful to me.
n

https://youtu.be/3MkffdvTyos
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with your model number, but I've seen that symptom on other TVs with a bad TCon board.

I don't think it's burn-in since it goes top to bottom.

The only other thing I can think of would be damaged traces on the LCD panel itself. But that seems to be far more common in model ranges that are older than this one is.

Last edited by kuhurdler on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
JTL71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
I'm not familiar with your model number, but I've seen that symptom on other TVs with a bad TCon board.

Ok, Iíll order one and give it try!! Thanks John
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTL71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:

The only other thing I can think of would be damaged traces on the LCD panel itself. But that seems to be far more common in model ranges that are older than this one is.

Now I have a big problem, the T-con board isnít removable, itís one that is attached to panel, where would I find one of those if anyone knows? I have looked and looked and canít seem to find panel for the model I have which sucks!! Thanks for any replyís!! John
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you searched by panel number?
JTL71

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Have you searched by panel number?

No I havenít but Iím pretty sure I have to buy the complete screen, I canít even find the screen which is crazy, I havenít even seen a image of one that looks like this one inside!! That is crazy that they would make a T-con board that ribbons wonít disconnect from it, stupid money freaks!! Thanks & I wish I could just repair this board but there is no way to repair it donít think!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com