Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith B32A34Z / Completely Dead    

allenk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Zenith B32A34Z / Completely Dead Reply with quote

Zenith 32" T.V.
Model B32A34Z
Serial 922-64240038

My nieghbors were watching this tv and all of sudden it just shut off and wont turn back on,even after waiting for a half hour.Also unplugged the tv and plugged it back in,still nothing. I havn't taken it apart yet,was hoping you could give me a place to start and what to look for and if something could be done to fix it.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me,
Al
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for anything that doesn't look right.

Check fuses (FX3401 & FX3402) first. Then check voltages across CX3407 (Raw B+), CX3420 and CX3424 (Stand-by B-pluses).
If has Raw but no stand-bys replace CX3416 (100ufd 25V).
allenk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Zenith B32A34Z / Completely Dead Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I will try that out and let you know what happens.
Al
allenk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Zenith B32A34Z / Completely Dead Reply with quote

Ok,heres what I found. I opened the tv and found 2 Ceramic disc's that were burnt,the numbers are cx3210 and cx3211. I also found a schematic online and downloaded it which helped out. On the service pages it says that this tv is module replacement only,what does that mean?

I also found both parts and part numbers with the RC code I, whitch reference's a 27 inch tv,can I still by the parts and replace them or not?

Is there anything I have to do before I replace the parts if I can,is there any stored power and how do I release it?

thanks, Al
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CX3210 22-8386-01 270pfd 2KV 10% http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P9558-ND

CX3211 22-8386-08 1000pfd 2KV 10% http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P9565-ND

Don't worry about 27"/32" or Module/Board level.

Check horizontal output transistor (QX3203) for short.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

allenk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Zenith B32A34Z / Completely Dead Reply with quote

Ok I found that transistor,how do you check for the short? There are 3 places b,c,e.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing a transistor.
Testing with a multimeter.
Use a multimeter to check each pair of leads for conduction. Set a digital multimeter to diode test and an analog multimeter to a low resistance range.

Test each junction with meter leads connected both ways (six tests in total):
The base-emitter (BE) junction should behave like a diode and conduct one way only.
The base-collector (BC) junction should behave like a diode and conduct one way only.
The collector-emitter (CE) should not conduct either way.

The above procedure is for a Standard transistor. The transistor you're testing is special. Plus you'll be testing it "In-Circuit."
The base-emitter junction has a internal resistor across it, plus "in-circuit" the secondary of the driver transformer is across it too. So a low reading with meter leads connected in either polarity is normal.
The collector-emitter junction has an internal damper diode, so will normally test like a diode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com